Friday, January 16, 2015

How many times has West Buechel been sued?

I was told that the City of West Buechel has been sued so many times, it is difficult for the City to buy liability insurance coverage, but the paperwork details for these lawsuits is difficult to find easily, even in the 21st Century.

The Kentucky Courts online database of court cases is extremely limited and incomplete.  An online search produces zero results.

I found a Kentucky Court of Appeals opinion, Sedley v. City of West Buechel from 1970, by searching on Goggle.

I know about that screwy real estate deal of former Mayor Sharon Fowler's when a friend of mine handed me a copy of the Complaint filed in Trinity United Church of Christ vs. the City of West Buechel. I wrote about this in some detail back last October in another blog, in a post titled Ghosts in West Buechel. You can read about it there.

It is possible that former West Buechel Police Officer John Kelly's claim to be reinstated may ultimately result in litigation, but it hasn't happened yet.

I know there is a lot more going on here than what can be found out about online.

An analysis of how and why the City has been sued in the past might show how City management might be improved in the future, but squeezing the details out of thin air is simply not possible.

I may have to make a trip downtown to the Courthouse to find what I want to know.

Maybe I'll do it this coming Spring, when the weather warms up again and after I plant my rose garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.